Greenrock is currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant to join our team.
Greenrock is a third-generation family real estate business with over 60 years of
experience providing expert asset and property management services, property repositioning,
sustainability, development, investment management, and Family Office Services.
Greenrock owns and manages several multi-unit residential and commercial properties in
Toronto and is dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service.
A core Greenrock value is giving back to the communities we operate in. Please visit our website
and refer to Greenrock IMPACT. In recent months and years, IMPACT’s mandate has expanded to promote
diversity and to seek greater equity for our staff, community members, and every Canadian.
Other Greenrock core values include teamwork, mentorship and learning,
integrity, accountability, and transparency with our clients and other stakeholders.
Greenrock’s Family Office provides a fully integrated and customized financial and asset
management solutions leveraging best practices in a variety of areas, including
investment management, risk management, integrated estate, tax and related planning, family
governance and education, and strategic philanthropy.
The Greenrock Corporate Accounting, Finance and Investment team provides a center of
excellence for services in the disciplines of accounting, treasury management, acquisition and
disposition transactions, corporate tax, capital management, investment management, risk
management, financial data applications and business solutions for the organization.
Your solid accounting experience and technical skills will be critical for you to bring insights
into our organization. You have always been committed to the idea of continuous improvement and
service, and will collaborate with others to resolve issues that cut across teams. As
a strong communicator and natural business partner, you will liaise with functional
teams across Greenrock and build relationships with our stakeholders.
Reporting to our Family Office Controller, your accounting experience and technical skills will be
critical to support our organization. Continuous improvement, a culture of service, teamwork and
collaboration are values embraced by you. This role is responsible for all aspects of accounting
for operational, corporate, and family entities, including foundations and charitable trusts.
Your new position encompasses the following key responsibilities:
• Prepare working papers for year end audits and tax files
• Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual internal / external reporting
• Assist with the compilation of annual consolidated financial statements
• Assist with accounting research, issue resolution and disclosure implications of
• Assist with transaction support analysis for assessing accounting and business
• Participate in process improvement initiatives, including automation
• Participate in appropriate cross-training, documentation and resources for key tasks,
reports and processes
• Prepare/review related entity financial statements for compliance and tax reporting
• Support in the coordination of external auditor requests
• Account analysis and reconciliation of ledger details to general ledger
• Respond to transactional accounting questions and issues. Resolve accounting
• Liaise with other departments in regard to accounting matters
• Prepare comprehensive cashflow reports, including related analysis.
• Other duties / projects as assigned.
You are someone with:
• A university degree in Accounting or Finance
• Accounting designation (CPA) is a must
• Minimum eight years’ relevant experience preferably in the real estate industry
• Knowledge of current accounting practices and principles (ASPE)
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Excellent communication, customer service and problem solving skills
• Proven organizational skills and ability to cope with changing client needs
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills
• Initiative and the ability to work independently and also as part of a team
Diversity and inclusion are an integral part of our culture. Attracting, developing and retaining a
workforce that reflects the diversity of our clients, tenants and communities is essential to our
success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment
where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need
to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in
advance. Greenrock will arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection
process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Senior Accountant” in the subject line.