Greenrock is currently recruiting for a Live-in Superintendent to join our team at Village Green as part of LIUNA 183.
Greenrock is a third-generation family real estate business with over 60 years of experience providing expert asset and property management services, property repositioning, sustainability, development, investment management, and Family Office Services.
Greenrock owns and manages several multi-unit residential and commercial properties in Toronto and is dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service.
A core Greenrock value is giving back to the communities we operate in. Please visit our website to learn more about Greenrock IMPACT. In recent years, IMPACT’s mandate has expanded to promote diversity and to seek greater equity for our staff, community members, and every Canadian.
Other Greenrock core values include teamwork, mentorship, learning, integrity, accountability, and transparency with our clients and other stakeholders.
Reporting to the Regional Community Manager, the Superintendent is important to the successful operation of a multi-residential portfolio and its community. The role is responsible for the physical maintenance and safety of the building(s) and surrounding property and its occupants. The primary functions require the Superintendent to have a service-oriented approach, excellent communication skills and work flexible hours including on-call requirements and month-end responsibilities.
- Ensure Greenrock Communities are safe, clean, and presentable at all times befitting an “A” class landlord
- Ensure a high level of client satisfaction is maintained through regular contact and proactive attention to resident needs
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional, and ethical conduct
- Handle all resident issues, inquiries, feedback, concerns, and complaints quickly and professionally, escalate when required
- Perform resident service requests in addition to routine repairs and maintenance in-suite, interior and exterior common areas in a prompt, efficient and friendly manner.
- Apply customer service organizational policies and ensure adherence to site procedures
- Communicate with the Property Manager, team members and site staff on an ongoing basis
- Work with the team to recommend modifications for service improvement, based on results or information obtained from customers
- 24-hour on call emergency response coverage is required on a rotating basis
Administration / Health & Safety:
- Understand and abide by company policies, the Residential Tenancies Act, Privacy Act, Health and Safety standards, AODA and Municipal Property Standards By-Laws, and any other applicable legislation governing day-to-day operations
- Ensure a complete knowledge and understanding of WHMIS, and ensure all contractors and vendors comply with safe handling guidelines; immediately report infractions, hazardous conditions, or damaged equipment to supervisor
- Be thoroughly familiar with our emergency procedures including fire, flood, elevator entrapment, power outage, and mold remediation
- Comply with regular fire and life safety standards including monthly testing and annual drills
- Maintain all logs(including waste collection and salt logs) and safety checks
- Issue purchase orders
- Maintain accurate stock control records including appliance inventory. Discuss with Property Manager for requisition of supplies above approval limit
- Complete incoming and outgoing inspection forms. Assist in maintaining parking control
- Maintain and update the Building Fire Safety Plan
- Administrative duties including use of technology, to document service requests and the resolution thereof
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all maintenance systems (pumps, emergency generators, boilers, HVAC, chillers, swimming pools, sprinklers, etc.
- Complete maintenance requests within 24 hours to ensure resident safety and satisfaction
- Complete appliance repairs, routine plumbing repairs, repairs and maintenance requiring carpentry skills, painting, and basic electrical repairs
- Complete general maintenance in common areas including but not limited to the garage and parking lot, rooftop, mechanical rooms, etc.
- Ensure all mechanical and exit doors are secure and properly function at all times
- Ensure use of authorized contractors only
- In the event of an emergency where the Property Manager is unavailable the superintendent will assume all responsibilities for ensuring the proper sub-trade is contacted and complete follow up until the situation is rectified.
- Be wholly responsible for master keys assigned to this position. At no time are master keys to be given out under any circumstances with the exception of distribution during the event of fire safety or health.
- Responsible for the opening and locking of apartment doors for maintenance and service personnel when entry by the resident has been duly authorized.
- Lock up laundry rooms, storage rooms, amenities, suite doors, mechanical doors are secure within the prescribed time frames
- Review suites on turnover and complete a scope of work consistent with established policies and procedures. Coordinate month-end duties and responsibilities including apartment inspections, scheduling of contractors for turnover
- Monitor building service contract performance to ensure prudent, cost effective practices are constantly observed
- Review and evaluate repairs and maintenance requests to ensure they meet budgetary and operational expectations
- Other duties within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job, as requested by management
- Ensure property, grounds, and vacant suites are kept clean in accordance with company standards
- Assume necessary safety precautions as required during inclement weather by shoveling, sanding, and salting sidewalks and building entrances and post necessary caution signage
- Ensure the interior and exterior is litter and garbage free and checks compactor room and bins
- Prepare and organize waste, recycling, organic bins to maintain order and cleanliness in the designated garbage areas. Move waste, recycling, organic bins to prescribed zones for established pick-up days
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all electrical, mechanical, and other work areas including supply rooms and storage areas
- Minimum High school education is required
- A trade certificate or license would be considered an asset
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience or an apprenticeship or combination thereof
- Good judgment, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to safely use and maintain tools of the job
- Knowledge of mechanical and HVAC systems and experience in related repairs
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook
- Basic knowledge of financial accounting; budgets
- Good communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Fluent in English. Other languages are an asset
- Strong team player
- Show initiative and demonstrates sense of ownership
- Knowledge of Yardi Maintenance Module is an asset
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license would be considered an asset
- Able to work on feet for long periods of time
- Able to lift, push and pull heavy objects (up to 50lbs for cleaning and maintenance purposes) including garbage bins, furniture, appliances, etc.
- Able to work on call for after hour emergencies
Diversity and inclusion are an integral part of Greenrock’s culture. We strive to attract, develop, and retain a workforce that reflects the diversity of our clients, tenants, and communities. Greenrock is committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance. Greenrock will arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Superintendent” in the subject line.