Greenrock is currently recruiting for an IT Manager to join our team.
Greenrock is a third-generation family real estate business with over 60 years of experience providing expert asset and property management services, property repositioning, sustainability, development, investment management, and Family Office Services.
Greenrock owns and manages several multi-unit residential and commercial properties in Toronto and is dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service.
A core Greenrock value is giving back to the communities we operate in. Please visit our website to learn more about Greenrock IMPACT. In recent years, IMPACT’s mandate has expanded to promote diversity and to seek greater equity for our staff, community members, and every Canadian.
Other Greenrock core values include teamwork, mentorship, learning, integrity, accountability, and transparency with our clients and other stakeholders.
Reporting to our CFO, this position is the highest-level technical role in Information Technology and works collaboratively across our organization to successfully deliver outstanding results to the company. Your technical skills will be critical to support our organization. Continuous improvement, a culture of service, teamwork, and collaboration are values embraced by you. As a strong communicator and business partner, you will liaise with functional teams across Greenrock and build relationships with our stakeholders.
The IT Manager will measure and manage third-party service providers. They include the following:
- Telecom, wide area and internal IP phones
- Security monitoring
- Business applications based in the cloud
- IT suppliers
The IT Manager will also provide hands-on support, including:
- User interaction for access management
- Infrastructure tasks, such as asset and performance management
- Server maintenance
- Lead on the IT components of business changes
The IT Manager will support Greenrock’s locations across the Greater Toronto Area.
- Takes responsibility for any IT issues or problems and ensures they are dealt with appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Documentation and continuous improvement of department policies and procedures. Ensure all processes are maintained, reviewed, and updated on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates accountability for the progress of work in-scope for the team and its alignment to department strategy.
- Develop and manage all departmental Service Level Agreements and ensure that obligations are being met.
- Monitor all queues (email/ phone/request tracking) to ensure the timely processing of requests.
- Ensure all open requests are monitored and being followed up on a regular basis, documenting any updates in the work-log of the requests; this includes management of suppliers who are required to deliver against obligations and end-user expectations.
- Address and resolve all escalations.
- Provides quality service and takes ownership in resolving incidents/service requests; tracking end-user systems resulting in a timely and efficient resolution to incidents/service requests evidenced by meeting Greenrock’s clients’ needs, meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements, and accurate data for asset management.
- Proactively seeks information and utilizes creative problem-solving skills along with standard operating procedures.
- Demonstrates quality service by actively contributing to customer satisfaction through advocating for Greenrock’s clients’ needs, escalating incidents and requests, resulting in meeting or exceeding Greenrock’s client’s satisfaction metrics.
- Assist with project-related work as required.
- Supports a wide range of IT services including but not limited to: PC, MAC, mobile devices, VPN, Video Conference, software, basic network support, and IT security.
- Lead the IT business continuity plan and documentation.
- Ensure the Network Infrastructure Security is in accordance with industry standards.
- Lead the implementation of the company IT strategy projects and plans that include Security Operation Center (SOC), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)Monitoring, Security awareness training, SharePoint implementation.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, business computing or a related field, or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience.
- Experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (“ITIL”) v3 would be preferred (ITIL practitioner certification).
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in a Customer Service Role and Service Desk Tier II or IT Security capacity and a minimum of 5 years experience in a supervisory/management role.
- Experience in a related role requiring, timeliness, customer service, organization, prioritization, troubleshooting, and working independently to successfully install, configure, maintain, and support Windows and/or Mac desktop operating systems and software.
- Have baseline knowledge of Active Directory as used for authentication.
- High degree or familiarity with some or all of the following technologies: Windows 7/8, OSX, iOS, Microsoft Office, Internet Browsers, Local Account Management, Installs and removals, Registry, Command line, Service management systems, System Management Tools, VPN
- High degree or familiarity with some or all of the following hardware: Desktop / Laptop, iPad, iPhone, Android Phones, Printers, Video Conferencing equipment, Cisco IP phones
- Knowledge of wide-area networks, TCP/IP, and Windows.
- Exposure to IT ticketing systems
- Exposure to Business Objects or equivalent report generation system for query purposes
- Detailed oriented, self-motivated, and resourceful with the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Have strong business acumen with an understanding of the link between business needs and IT operations.
- Have a proven track record in working with multiple initiatives at the same time and have a proactive approach to problem-solving and coordination.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment and work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to this role.
- May require working during non-business hours and on weekends.
Diversity and inclusion are an integral part of our culture. Attracting, developing, and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our clients, tenants, and communities is essential to our success.
We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance. Greenrock will arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “IT Manager” in the subject line.