Comunity Relations Specialist
Position: Community Relations Specialist
Reports to: Manager, Marketing and Leasing
Hours: 11am – 7pm: Monday and Friday; 9am – 5pm Tuesday – Thursday; will need to work occasional weekend from 9am – 5pm on Saturday and Sunday.
The Community Relations Specialist is an ambassador for the community and a key player in executing the leasing and public relations strategy for all Greenrock residential communities. They act as the sales and leasing contact for Greenrock communities, building relationships with prospective residents to understand their needs and matching them up with an apartment that best suits their lifestyle. As the main relationship point of contact for residents within the community, the Community Relations Specialist will support other Community Relations Specialist and front-line team members by providing an unparalleled resident experience and ensuring a steady and open flow of communication with our residents. As the in-house expert on who your residents are and what they want, you will be responsible for managing the communications strategy for the property (which includes writing notices and releases) and being the influencer that you are, you'll be set up perfectly as the main sales and leasing contact for the community, responsible for marketing available homes. This role is expected to promote at all times the RockStar Experience model and Greenrock's Culture.
Leasing and Resident Services
- Process termination notices and move out inspections.
- Perform the overall leasing and resident relations function at all properties, evaluating and monitoring metrics that include vacancy, sales, renewals, move in, move out, notice, rescinded notices, etc;
- Market and show available suites to prospective residents, and manage the presentation of application forms to Property Management for approval;
- Maintain the customer database and ensure that all leads are responded to, and all traffic documented appropriately;
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of product, including availability of suite types and layouts, common areas and amenities of the building and value-added services provided, and act as a resource interdepartmentally as a subject matter expert on the property;
- Actively manage the renewal process with existing residents and solicit renewals with a view to maximizing revenue and decreasing turnover;
- Facilitate the negotiation of renewal offers with Property Management;
- Provide feedback on the overall leasing process and assist in the development of innovative strategies to improve leasing functions;
- Organize resident engagement and retention on events and activities at the property based on your target market, with a view to developing relationships with residents;
Property Management and Administration
- Communicate and work with the Marketing and Leasing Manager and Community Managers to ensure suites are delivered on time and as promised, and conduct move in inspections and orientation with residents;
- Provide feedback and recommendations on rental rates, promotions and overall market conditions with a view to maximizing revenue at the property;
- Report on vacancy, traffic and other metrics on a regular basis;
- Ensure timely and accurate completion and entry of all leasing documentation, including application forms, Tenancy Agreements, renewal agreements and other supporting documentation;
- Maintain property information database as it relates to leasing and marketing, which may include property management software (PMS) and rent grids/stacking plans for each property.
- Compile a weekly report of showings and traffic data and deliver to the Manager of Marketing and Leasing;
- Maintain a working knowledge of Greenrock's current lead generation channels (Greenrock's website, Facebook, Instagram, RentCafe, Yardi Call Center, Kijiji, Padmapper, Zumper, etc.) and help tailor these channels to increase lead-to-lease conversion ratios and contribute to the development of new lead generation campaigns;
- Assist in the monitoring of current loss leaders, promotions and advertisement performance;
- Play an active role in obtaining market research and competitive analysis to keep our marketing strategies and tactics fresh and effective;
- Maintain a working knowledge of competitive companies and their approaches to Marketing and customer experience to drive continued improvement and innovation within the organization
- Assist in conducting quarterly market surveys of comparable properties;
- Actively participate in meetings with execution ideas and industry trend insights;
- Contribute to the promotion and development of the "Greenrock" brand, ensuring compliance to corporate and sub-branding standards;
- Establish and maintain relationships with community organizations, including local businesses that may add value to the resident experience or result in increased traffic to the property.
- Lead, organize, conduct and participate in community and charitable events that involve the property, its tenants or employees;
- Execute the implementation of Greenrock's sustainability and engagement programs at the property.
- Improve professionalism in all areas of customer experience.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Work collaboratively with other departments, units and/or organizations.
- Maintain a professional, organized appearance.
- Adhere to the company's code of conduct, policies and all pertinent legislation governing residential or commercial tenancies, health and safety (Occupational Health and Safety Act) and accommodation (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act).
- Embrace and pro-actively support Greenrock's culture of environmental sustainability and corporate and social responsibility and RockStar Experience.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of Greenrock's brand.
- Visual and promotional creativity, imagination and innovation
- Prior experience (personal or professional) in creating content and/or developing online marketing and communications strategies for a community
- Positive can-do attitude, interested in learning and is resourceful with a hands-on approach
- Other duties as required in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Able to work efficiently independently and in teams.
- Provide a clean and safe environment for residents, colleagues and visitors to the property;
- Minimum 2 years' experience in customer service
- Background in business, marketing, publications, or hospitality and an interest in the apartment industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Social media and tech savvy
- Ability to build long-term client/customer relationships
- Comfort in working in a diverse work environment
- Well organized with ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Demonstrated reliable self-starter with a high degree of initiative, creativity and flexibility. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word preferred, and strong knowledge of Internet, Email and Social Media
- Yardi Voyager experience an asset
- Able to sit for several hours at a time and travel around an accessible building(s)
- Able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds
- Able to write and type at approximately 30 WPM